Tuesday, September 26, 2006

In the line of fire

Tommorrow (I mean yesterday actually) is going to be a big day in the life of 'Me' (excuse my inadequate use of language and grammatical sentence construction) but it is quarter to six in the morning and I am torn between catching a few winks or just staying up and enlightning the world with my pearls of wisdom. Ok.. coming back to the important thing,, 'in the line of fire'... as most Paksitanis would know is the much talked 'memoirs' of our erstwhile President, the General and staunch ally of the free world 'Pervaiz Musharaf'.

Its a big day for Musharaf since its his first book published and out in the US (racking him his million dollars) and mine because it is the first time I have 'pre ordered' a book from amazon. This may not come as surprise to people who know me, apart from being an accountant (reason enough) I am a conservative sort of guy and usually like to browse in a dozen books, reading in as a free loader before I buy my book. Let's say I feel like feeling upthe book before I buy it... in all the physical meaning of the phrase there.

I hope my big day is up tommorrow, when I expect to have delivery of the memoirs and can fill blogs upon blogs with raunchy stories of a General's strife with leading a country the size and depth of Pakistan. Until then I will just keep my sprits up musing on 'we will bomb Pakistan to the stone age' vs. 'Unhon nae kaha hae kae woh Pakistan ki eint sae eint baja daen gae'.

Editorial note: I dare note transalte this last sentence from Urdu,.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home